Who doesn't love Rum Balls during the holidays? The best thing about Rum Balls is the longer they sit for, the boozier they get (if you can make them last that long). This recipe is from my 'Joy of Cooking - All About Cookies' cookbook, the original recipe calls for bourbon but I used a spiced rum instead and they tunred out just great! Happy Holiday's!
1 Cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 - 1/3 Cup of rum (or bourbon)
2 Tbsp light corn syrup
2 1/2 Cups chocolate wafers (or vanilla), crushed finely in a food processor
1 Cup coarsley chopped pecans
1) Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder and set a side
2) In a seperate bowl, mix together rum and corn syrup
3) Mix together cocoa mixture and rum mixture until combined
4) Stir in crushed wafers and nuts into cocoa rum mixture until well combined (if mixture is too dry, add more corn syrup and if mixture is too wet, add more powdered sugar a little bit at a time. This mixture should stick together well and keep their shape)
5) Roll mixture into balls and coat with powdered sugar
6) Ball can be kept at room temperature for 3 weeks or can be stored in the fridge or freezer for later use (the longer they sit, they stronger they taste!), enjoy!