Mocha Mint Cookies
I went to this restaurant one night and ordered this drink called Matty's Mint Mudslide and it had to be one of the best beverages I've had. It was like a mocha milkshake with a hint of mint flavor. I was craving one of them today and was too lazy to go back to the restaurant so I decided to recreate the drink into a cookie form. They turned out great, very soft and chewy, and definately satisfied my craving. The were full of chocolate flavor and had just enough hints of mint and coffee flavors that weren't too overpowering.
½ Cup shortening
½ Cup brown sugar, lightly packed
¼ Cup granulated white sugar
1 Large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp very strongly brewed coffee
1 Cup all-purpose flour
¼ Cup cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 Cup *mint chocolate chips
*If you don't love mint chocolate as much as I do, feel free to substitue the mint chocolate chips for semi-sweet chocolate chips and it will be more like a mocha cookie.
1) Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2) In a large bowl cream together shortening and sugars until well mixed
3) Add egg, vanilla, and coffee, and beat until well combined
4) Add flour, cocoa powder, soda, and salt and stir until mixed and dough is formed
5) Chill dough for 10min, then spoon rounded Tbsp onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10-12min (mine came out nice and chewy after only 10min)
6) Cool completely on wire rack and enjoy!