This is, hands down, my all time favorite banana bread recipe. When I was growing up my mom would always make this and double the recipe to make two loafs and by the end of the day we would already be cutting into the second loaf. It's definitely not a low fat banana bread recipe but that's what makes it so moist and delicious and I ALWAYS add chocolate chips to it no matter what! It has a great banana chocolate flavor (especially if you use very ripe bananas) and the texture is so moist it just melts in your mouth. This recipe taste great the day you bake it, or the next day, or in the fridge, or warmed in the microwave, or even straight from the freezer (this recipe freezes well just wrap it tightly in cling wrap then tightly in tin foil and should last up to months). I gave my boyfriend a loaf of this on Valentine's Day and he rated it as one of his top banana bread's (right after his own mom's of coarse). My favorite was to eat two slices warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Whats your favorite way to eat banana bread..?
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 Cup walnutes, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a loaf pan (If you double the recipe, spray 2 loaf pans)
2) In a large bowl, mix mashed banana's, sugar, eggs, and oil until well combined
3) Sift and mix in flour, and baking soda
4) Stir in chocolate chips (and walnuts if desired)
5) Bake at 350F for 50-60min or until loaf springs back when touched or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
6) Cool in pan then store in fridge and enjoy!