I recieved mixed reviews about these treats from my friends. Some said that they loved the combination of the vanilla and cranberry flavors but some said that they would have been better if I took the cranberries out. I decided to use vanilla flavored Rice Krispies and added extra vanilla extract into the marshmallow mixture. Overall, the vanilla flavor of the rice krispie squares were great but I may leave out the cranberries next time as they weren't everyones favorite.
It has been a busy, fun, crazy summer and to top it all off I got to attend a fabulous wedding at the beginning of September. My good friends Matt and Laura Greenwood got married on September 17, 2011 but the fun didn't start there. There was many bridal showers, wedding parties and an awesome bachlorette party. I had so much fun attending all of these events that I wanted to share all of the treats that I got to eat along the way.
I made these chocolate covered strawberries for Laura's fisrt birdal shower. They are very easy to make and you can find the recipe on my website here. As mentioned before, these treats are best eaten the day they are made.
This was Laura's bridal shower ice cream cake. We all enjoyed this Dairy Queen ice cream cake, especially because it looks a lot like the couple.
Unfortunately, we did not get to taste this wedding cake because it was a 'fake' cake. I had never heard of them before but they call them 'fake' cakes because there is only one piece of real cake at the back so that you can cut into it and enjoy but the rest of the cake is unedible.
All in all, it was a great summer full of wonderful treats that I wanted to share with you. Thanks again to Matt and Laura for such an amazing wedding; I am so greatful to have been a part of everyone moment!
This is not actually my Grandma's Shortbread Cookie recipe but in fact this is what the recipe is called. I got this recipe on the back of the 'Canada Corn Starch' box and they are 'deliciously simple' as the box states. The cookies are light but buttey and soft but flakey. This is a good and quick recipe and who knew it would come off a corn starch box!
1/2 Cup (Canada) corn starch
1/2 Cup icing sugar
1 Cup all-purpose flour
3/4 Cup butter, softened
1) Sift together corn starch, icing sugar and flour
2) With a wooden spoon, blend in butter until soft and smooth dough forms
3) Roll dough out to about 1/4 in thick and cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters (if dough is too soft to handle, cover and chill for about 30-60min)
4) Bake at 300F for about 15-20min or until edges become lightly browned
5) Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
This is a spin off My Mom's Best Banana Bread recipe. I changed a few things and made it a bit more healthier by reducing the oil amount and increasing the banana amount. This banana bread is moist but not too oily, sweet but not too sugary and very banana flavored.
My Banana Bread
3 large ripe bananas, mashed (the browner the better)
1 Cup granulated sugar
1/3 Cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1) lightly grease a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper
2) In a large bowl, mix mashed banana's, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until well combined
3) Sift and mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
4) Pour into prepared pan
5) Bake at 350F for 50-60min or until loaf springs back when touched or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
6) Cool in pan then eat warm ot store in fridge and enjoy!